Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Experience With Podcasts


My experience with podcasts available on iTunes has been time consuming without much in terms of benefit yet.  First of all, the amount of podcasts makes finding an appropriate one that matches my interests difficult.  I also noticed that the introduction isn’t sufficient to fully understand the content which is very time consuming.  Personally at this point, I wouldn’t spend a great deal of time sorting through these.

The first podcast that I chose was a voice only and was a section of Aesop’s Fables.  I thought it had video attached, but was just the reader.  It would have been much more interesting if illustrations were included.  I was grateful that it was very short.


The second podcast dealt with reviews on apps for the iPad.  It was interesting, but the speaker had an accent, so I wonder how applicable the recommendations will prove to be.  It was interesting, but the speaker’s voice was annoying.  It was just over three minutes and seemed helpful providing the apps are available and not outdated.


The third podcast was just the voice and music.  It was supposed to give tips for photography, but the music at first was very annoying.  I also think that with this particular podcast some background in photography is critical.  I had no idea what they were talking about.


After having such disappointing experiences with the above podcasts, I looked at one that dealt with the use of iPads.  Again, very boring and the presenter was not interesting and very annoying.  I would rather read about the iPad rather than look at him or listen to him.

 
While my initial response to the use of podcasts is very poor, I don’t plan on shutting the door on them yet.






1 comment:

  1. Keep looking! I also had some very disappointing experiences---but there are some good ones out there! My dilemma is finding the time to explore and subscribe to the ones that will benefit my classroom and my learning! Hopefully we will find a way to collaborate and share as a cohort!

    ReplyDelete